Minelab Equinox 800 (Waterproof) Metal Detector with 11" DD Search Coil and Headphones
5F×8 (Five Frequency Times Eight) provides five individual transmit frequencies in the one metal detector, selectable at the push of a button. Each transmit frequency optimises the detector for different size targets and conditions. EQUINOX 800 offers 5 single frequencies of 5, 10,15, 20, and 40 kHz, giving an 8 times range or ratio from 5 to 40, hence the 5F×8 technology designation.
The individual selectable frequencies in EQUINOX 800 are:
5 kHz - Great for large silver coins
10 kHz - Good for small Roman hammered coins
15 kHz - A good general treasure detecting mode
20 kHz - Ideal for general treasure detecting and gold prospecting
40 kHz - Optimum sensitivity to very small gold nuggets
The EQUINOX 800 also feature Multi-IQ technology which allows you to operate all available single frequencies plus more, simultaneously. The option to operate your detector in a single frequency can be helpful if you are experiencing excessive ground noise when using the Multi-Frequency setting.
True intelligent Simultaneous Multi-Frequency for maximum performance, plus a wide range of single frequencies.
Multi-IQ Simultaneous Multi-Frequency
Low frequencies typically give more depth on large targets than high frequencies, which are usually more sensitive to small targets. With EQUINOX 800 you can operate across the full spectrum of frequencies simultaneously for maximum results.
EQUINOX 800 SPECS
- Detect Modes: Park | Beach | Field | Gold
- Custom Search Profiles: 8 (2 per Detect Mode)
- User Profile Button: Yes
- Operating Frequencies (kHz): Multi, 5, 10, 15, 20, 40
- Noise Cancel: Auto | Manual (-9 to 9)
- Ground Balance: Auto | Manual
- Sensitivity: 1–25
- Target Volume: 0–25
- Threshold Level: 0–25
- Threshold Pitch: 0–25
- Target Identification: 50 segment notch discrimination | Ferrous: -9 – 0 | Non-ferrous: 1 – 40
- Target Tones: 1, 2, 5, 50
- Tone Break: Ferrous | Non-ferrous
- Tone Pitch: Ferrous | Non-ferrous
- Tone Volume: Ferrous | Non-ferrous
- Depth Indicator: 5 levels
- Length: 56.7"
- Weight: 2.96 lbs
- Standard Coil: 11-inch Double-D Smart coil with skidplate (waterproof to 10')
- Audio Output: • In-built loudspeaker • 3.5mm (1/8") headphones (included) • Bluetooth compatible • WM 08 Wi-Stream compatible
- Headphones (included): Bluetooth and aptX™ Low Latency headphones (non waterproof)
- WM 08 (included): Yes
- Display: Monochrome LCD with backlight
- LCD Backlight: Low | Medium | High | Off
- Battery: In-built rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Battery Runtime: Approx. 12 hours
- Waterproof: Waterproof to 10 feet
- Key Technologies: Multi-IQ | 5F×8 | Wi-Stream | Bluetooth | aptX™ Low Latency
- Other Accessories: USB Charging cable (1.5A), Multi Language Screen protectors
- Software Upgradeable: Yes, via USB connection (Windows and OSX)
- Warranty: 3 years control box and coil
Minelab Military Discount Program
If you are a Military Veteran or Active Duty Member of the Military, then you maybe eligible* to receive a 15% discount.
To receive the Minelab Military discount, email Sports 365 (firstname.lastname@example.org) proof you are either a Military Veteran or Active Duty Member of the Military.
Acceptable forms of proof are:
- Driver’s License – Some states have begun to note “Veteran” on License
- Certificate highlighting branch of service
- VA Card
- **Military ID is no longer accepted as proof
*Only 1 detector may be discounted per individual, per calendar year. This is for Military members only and cannot be used for friends or family.